Our general meetings are always free and open to the public and feature a “Babywearing 101” demo covering safety information and carrier types. This demo typically takes place 15 minutes after the posted start time. If we have a smaller group, we will offer small group instruction instead. The lending library is always available at these meetings for attendees to browse and for members to check out. We are happy to help you with your personal carriers too and there is no charge for these services.
Our outreach demos are also free. These events are typically offered in partnership with a community group and are “demo only,” featuring a more extensive version of our “Babywearing 101” presentation. They are geared for those new to babywearing, particularly those with newborns or who are expecting. The lending library will not be available at these events although we are happy to help you with your personal carrier. Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are part of a group that would like to host an outreach event.
Where are meeting dates posted?
- Meeting dates and events are posted on our website, in our newsletter, on both our Facebook page and Facebook Chat Group. For the most up-to-date meeting announcements and schedule changes please see our Facebook pages.
Who runs our meetings?
- Our meetings are run by volunteers and volunteer educators who have dozens years of experience between us. You can find more info about our volunteers here. We are always looking for volunteers; let us know at a meeting if you are interested!
Who can attend?
- We welcome any caregiver interested in learning more about babywearing at our events. While many attendees are mothers, we also welcome dads, grandparents, and other caregivers.
- Children of all ages are welcome to attend meetings. We ask that you are mindful of your children and help us to keep our meeting spaces clean and tidy; we are provided meeting space for free by our generous locations – we want to respect that.
- Please feel free to feed your babies. Snacks for older children may be eaten in designated areas; please be mindful and monitor snack eating, particularly with high allergen foods. We also ask that you avoid meetings if you or your children are showing symptoms of illness.
We look forward to seeing you soon!!
Please see our calendar below for upcoming events. Please follow us on Facebook for meeting announcements and location changes!