Babywearing Connecticut Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit. We rely on the support of our donors and volunteers. Here are some ways you can help:
Become a Member
Joining Babywearing Connecticut as a lending library member has benefits for you and for us:
- You get lending privileges with our ever growing lending library. Take a different carrier home every month for a year!
- We use the membership dues to build our lending library, fund outreach work, and pay organization expenses (including insurance and library management system).
Read more about membership or ask at any of our events.
Help Us Spread the Word
Most people learn about our meeting via word of mouth. Our members and meeting attendees are our greatest form of advertising. Here’s how you can help!
- Tell your friends parenting or caring for young children about our meetings and library. This is the easiest and most effective way to help us grow.
- Know a group that might like an outreach meeting? Put us in touch! We’ve previously done outreach meetings for community groups, health care providers, and child care providers.
- Distribute our business cards, brochures, or flyers. We are happy to provide these to you to share. Know of a health care provider or community group that might be interested in our materials? Let us know!
Our lending library grows primarily through member dues and our fundraising efforts. You can support our library and outreach work in several ways:
- Direct financial support is always welcome. We can accept your tax-deductible donation by cash or PayPal at a meeting. Or donate to us via PayPal at any time.
- We also welcome donations of new or good-used condition baby carriers. Older carriers may be sold and the funds applied towards our library fund. Other carriers may be used for community outreach efforts
Volunteer With Us
Our chapter is always looking for volunteers with time and talents:
- Educators are provided training but should have experience with both infant and toddler wearing.
- Volunteers perform a variety of support functions – greeting meeting attendees, assisting with carrier check outs, helping with social media and our web presences, organizing fundraising and outreach, maintaining our library – basically anything your time and talents allow!
Ideally, volunteers can commit to assisting at one of our monthly meetings (although we can also use help outside of meetings). Volunteers and Educators are also members and have full access to our lending library.
If you are interested in volunteering with our organization, come hang out with us at a meeting! We’d love to learn more about you and the talents you could bring to our group.
Thank you for supporting our organization!